Those who had their air conditioning system break down during a heat wave know how frustrating and uncomfortable the experience can be. If you want to avoid the same fate, getting regular AC maintenance in Hollywood, FL will greatly help.
Air Conditioning Maintenance You Can Do Yourself
Whether you're a DIY fan or not, here are a few AC maintenance tasks you can do yourself to keep your system in good working order:
- Check and clean the air filter monthly. A dirty air filter will restrict airflow and make your AC unit work harder, using more energy and costing you more money. Checking, cleaning, and replacing the filter when necessary is a simple AC maintenance in Hollywood, FL that would greatly help your equipment.
- Keep the area around your outdoor unit clear of debris. Leaves, dirt, and other objects can block airflow and prevent your condenser from releasing heat outdoors properly.
- Trim back branches or foliage that's too close to your outdoor unit. There should be at least one foot clearance on each side of your AC.
- Straighten bent fins. While you're working on the condenser or the outdoor unit, it's best to check it for bent fins. Bent fins will prevent the unit from releasing the heat outdoors, which can lead to overheating. You may need some tools like fin combs or even an old dinner knife to help you with this task.
- Check the seals around doors and windows to make sure they're tight. If there are gaps, conditioned air can leak in and cause your AC to work harder than necessary to keep your space at your desired temperature.
- Inspect the air ducts for leaks or holes. If there are any, seal them up with duct tape or schedule a reactive AC maintenance in Hollywood, FL. Fixing the problem early will prevent air loss and high electric bills.
- Keep your air conditioner away from direct sunlight. It will be a source of unnecessary heat that will force your unit to work harder. Direct sunlight might even damage some components of your condenser.
Air Conditioning Maintenance You Should Leave to Professionals
While these maintenance tasks will help keep your AC unit running smoothly, it's important to have a professional service every year to ensure it's running at peak efficiency. Some things you should leave to the pros include:
- Cleaning the entire unit - This includes the coils, fins, and other parts of the system that can be difficult to reach or clean properly.
- Checking refrigerant levels and topping them off when needed -The refrigerant will escape if your air conditioner has holes, cracks, or joint gaps in the evaporator coil. Your AC needs a certain amount of this substance to cool your home effectively. This substance should be handled with care, so you should leave a refrigerant recharge to the experts in AC maintenance in Hollywood, FL.
- Working on electrical components - Working on electricity without proper training is dangerous. So it's best to let the pros check your unit's electrical components and connections.
Generally, any maintenance tasks not included in the list of what you can DIY should be left to the professionals.
Call Air Anytime for A Dependable AC Maintenance in Hollywood, NY
If you're ready to schedule an AC maintenance in Hollywood, NY, consider Air Anytime. It's a 5-star rated company in Florida, primarily serving Hollywood, NY and the surrounding areas. They have been providing a wide array of heating and cooling services since 2008. For your peace of mind, they are licensed, insured, and certified.
There's no harm in trying their services because they offer a money-back guarantee. So if you want to tune up your air conditioner, call the team at 1-855-823-2665. You can also visit their website for more information.